Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Any Amount Of Books

Dear friends, I'm back home after a pretty cool year abroad, and really happy about it (though I do miss London). But I still have a lot of things to talk about here, so let's go.

We've already established (at least I have) that bookstores are the best thing ever, and if they're beautiful, then it's even better. In this case, we're not talking about the prettiest bookstore in London, but it's located in a very nice area (namely Charing Cross Road), where one can find many interesting (and often cheap) bookstores... and in this case, it is basically because Any Amount of Books is a second-hand bookshop.


This bookstore's catalog is available online on their website, but as I saw when I went there, they have a lot of different books from a huge variety of genres. I even found a couple of plays from my Modern British Theatre After '56 course (and for only 2 pounds!). Aside from having hundreds of second-hand books, they have books that are otherwise quite hard to find (although I don't suppose any of you are looking for rarities...) (but hey, who knows), and, what I found most odd and funny, leather books to decorate the house! So if you're looking to redecorate your house and want to emulate Dumbledore's office, this is the place to go (although beware! for each book costs between 10 and 15 pounds).


To sum it up, it's a pretty cool place. Also, they open from 10h30 to 21h30 every day, something quite uncommon in this city where everything usually closes around 18h!

P.S.: Since this is my blog... I will promote myself! A friend and I recently built a simple website to show my photography... You can check it out here. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment