Thursday, April 15, 2010

Daunt Books

Dear friends.

After spending a few (hectic) weeks at home I'm back with 'new' pictures and 'new' places.

I am laying on my bed and listening to Logh's An Alliance of Hearts. A great song.


Daunt Books is a chain of English bookstores. The one you see on these pictures is located on Marylebone High Street. I've been in another one next to the Holland Park (a really nice park, by the way) that is really beautiful, so if you've got nothing better to do, go buy a book there and then read it on a bench in the Kyoto Garden.

Basically, this is a library where you can find many different kinds of books, although as far as poetry and drama are concerned, not much can be found since those are not very popular genres. Anyway, you can always order any book you need. But I think in this case that doesn't really matter. Personally what I like the most about this bookstore is the bookstore itself.


The children's books section (NOT the teenager section - those books are a joke... although I must admit I do have a couple of those at home...) is awesome and makes me wonder why adult books are so aesthetically dull.

Also, like in any other bookstore, they have a little section focused on notebooks, and as a huge notebook fan, I love it, since they have quite an original selection. They also have Moleskines, of course.

But there's more to it. The bookstore is called "Daunt's Books for Travellers' for a reason. They have a large collection of books classified by country where you can find literature, guides, and lots more, which you can see here:


Beautiful, right? Books rule, it's a fact.

1 comment:

  1. i came across this bookstore on a bookmark :)and ever since then i've dreamt of going there :) it's a heaven for book lovers :) and the set up of it makes it so fairy-tale like..just like in Belle going to the bookstore in Beauty and The Beast.It looks so magical :)

    ReplyDelete